Ferrets are fun-loving pets, and they will find ways to enjoy themselves, whether it be jumping around, doing a dance, or simply running into stuff. So why not join your pet ferret in the fun, and get in a little bonding time?
The Necessity of Spending Time With Your Pet Ferret
Here are some of the benefits that both you and your ferret will derive from enjoying this quality time together.
- Ferrets need to be more than just physically stimulated by their recreation. Make them exercise mentally as well. This will keep your pet happy.
- Recreation has the same effect on both humans and ferrets. Endorphin levels are increased. This is what makes us and our pets feel good after exercise, and it helps to build the bond.
- If laughter is the best medicine, playing with your ferret will be good for your health. Seeing the antics of these delightful creatures can result in some hearty laughter and an overall good time.
In reality, both you and your ferret will benefit equally from such activity. To plan out activities, remember these two things:
- Don’t repeat the same activities every time. Ferrets get bored pretty easy, so be original. You can repeat things your pet seems to enjoy—but not day after day.
- You could get some ferret toys at the store, but it can be much more enjoyable coming up with an idea and making some yourself at home. Plenty of things are available in your home that could easily become a game to a ferret, such as something to crawl through, chew on, or toss around.
The primary thing to remember is how smart these little creatures are. It’s not enough to just let them out of the cage for a few hours per day. They need some stimulation. A ferret that becomes destructive is more than likely a really bored ferret. Your interaction can make the difference in whether or not your pet ferret feels a meaningful connection to you and a sense of happiness in your home.